Welcome to Thomas' Restorante De Valentino!! I came home this Valentines day to candles EVERYWHERE, our table pushed into the middle of our living room, and rose petals from long stemmed roses covering the whole apartment (the poor dear didn't know they were four times more expensive, I felt like I was walking in gold!). Oh! And the most creative part!
Our own fireplace! He is so romantic! He then began serving me with love potion (cherry 7 up) and all sorts of delicacies from the menu, complete with appetizers, entrees, and dessert!
Allow me to translate; Breadstick Del Caesar is actually Little Caesars breadsticks and Helado Riquismo was bunny tracks ice cream. Oh, he is so clever. I spent a good amount of time that I should have been eating, cracking up at the menu that I was squinting at in the candlelight.
I don't know if I was laughing harder because my cheese apparently came from a Bengal tiger or because Thomas actually looked up "A la mode" and discovered that it means fashionable.
When Thomas and I went to Gordon Ramsey's restaurant in NYC over Christmas break, we were given a tour of the plebeian eating area (where we were sat), the VIP eating area, and the VVIP eating area which was a special table built into the kitchen where you could watch the chefs work. I got to save myself 1500+ dollars, I got WAY better food than that stuff they call "gourmet," not to mention my chef was a million times hotter than anything I'd see there!! My cute boy worked his buns off serving me the most delicious 6 course meal (I ate everything on the menu)!
After dinner, Thomas and I got to know each other (and those long stem rose petals) a little better and then we watched the classic and always romantic Pride and Prejudice. Talk about a perfect Valentines Day!!!! And I haven't even mentioned the gifts! I was a cliche wifey and got Thomas Miami Heat vs. Utah Jazz tickets. He had a feeling that was what I bought him, however, so I had to tell him I got a gift certificate to some French restaurant in SLC first. Needless to say, basketball was slightly more his cup o' tea. :) He got me T. Swift perfume and tons of awesome bubble bath (we are on a big bath kick right now).
AH I adore this man.

Hahaha so do you mean that you got to know Thomas on the rose petals, biblically? I already LOVE your blog.
ReplyDelete